This will be a dual language post where I will explain both in Bahasa Malaysia and English. However, I focus more on answering in English to address the original Shi’a article which is also in English.
Pada pagi 1 Ramadhan yang mulia ni, bukak email je dah dapat 1 email daripada satu hamba Allah yang copy paste artikel berbaur Shi’ah tentang hadith 12 imam.
Sumbernya asalnya boleh baca di: http://www.al-islam.org/twelve/ . Yang ni memang website Shi’ah pun tapi takpa jom kita tengok apa yang diorang nak tipu.
Untuk menjawab persoalan ni, aku rujuk dekat website Ustaz Nasim di http://abunaaielah.blogspot.com/2008/04/menjawab-syiah-hadis-12-khalifah.html. All credits go to Ustaz Nasim. Ape yang aku cuba buat kat sini ialah menterjemah jawapan Ustaz Nasim kepada English kerana artikel asal Shi’ah tu dalam English.
Original Shi’a source can be read at: http://www.al-islam.org/twelve/ (English)
My reference for answering the question at hand can be read at http://abunaaielah.blogspot.com/2008/04/menjawab-syiah-hadis-12-khalifah.html. (Bahasa Malaysia)
1. Di dalam hadis tersebut (Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abu Daud, etc) Nabi s.a.w. menggunakan kalimah amir atau khalifah dan tidak ada satupun riwayat yang menyebutkan kalimah imam dengan mufrad atau aimmah dengan lafaz jama’.
1. In the hadith, Prophet Muhammad PBUH used the term ‘amir’ or ‘khalifah’ and not ‘imam’ or ‘imamah‘. This means that the hadith refers to rulers who did rule and not simply any imams of any discipline. This has nothing to do with the 12 Shi’a Imam where only 2 of them actually did manage to rule.
2. Rasulullah s.a.w. bersabda, “Agama ini akan terus mulia dan teguh sehingga 12 orang khalifah atau amir”.
2. The correct translation of the hadith indicates the Islam would remain honorable and strong. Looking back through Islamic history, after the death of Prophet Muhammad, it is very obvious that Islam remained powerful under which specific caliph. History does not lie as there is no significant contribution of the Shi’a 12 Imams towards the Islamic ummah or nation, save a few.
3. Sabda Rasulullah s.a.w, “Semua mereka dari Quraisy”.
3. Prophet Muhammad PBUH did not mentioned ‘all of them from ahlul bait’. This indicates that the amir/khalifah would come from multiple Quraisy tribes and not simply from one.
4. Sekarang untuk dedahkan pembohongan maha besar oleh penulis artikel tersebut.
4. Now to reveal the greatest and most REMARKABLE manipulation of the Shi’a author. I will copy & paste the original writing:_
Beginning of quote:
Correct Explanation of this Hadith by Great Sunni Scholar
Al-Juwayni reports that Abdullah ibn Abbas remarked that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) said, “I am the chief of the Prophets and Ali ibn Abi Talib is the chief of successors, and after me my successors shall be twelve, the first of them being Ali ibn Abi Talib and the last of them being Al Mahdi.”
Al-Juwayni has also mentioned another tradition from Ibn ‘Abbas (r.a.) that he narrates from the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.):
“Certainly my Caliphs and my legatees and the Proofs of Allah upon his creatures after me are twelve. The first of them is my brother and the last of them is my (grand) son.”
He was asked: “O Messenger of Allah, who is your brother?”
He said, “Ali ibn Abi Talib”
Then they asked, “And who is your son?”
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) replied, “Al Mahdi, the one who will fill the earth with justice and equity like it would be brimming with injustice and tyranny. And by the One Who has raised me as a warner and a give of good tidings, even if a day remains for the life of this world, the Almighty Allah will prolong this day to an extent till he sends my son Mahdi, then he will make Ruhullah ‘Isa ibn Maryam (a.s.) to descend and pray behind him (Mahdi). And the earth will be illuminated by his radiance. And his power will reach to the east and the west.”
Al-Juwayni also narrates from his chain of narrators that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) informed:
“I and Ali and Hasan and Husayn and nine of the descendants of Husayn are the purified ones and the infallible.”
Al-Juwayni, Fara’id al-Simtayn, pg 160
Al-Dhahabi says in Tadhkirat al-Huffaz, vol. 4, p. 298, that Sadruddin Ibrahim bin Muhammad bin al-Hamawayh al-Juwayni al-Shafi’i was a great scholar of Hadith. Also see his biographical note in Ibn Hajar al-’Asqalani, al-Durar al-kaminah, vol. 1, p. 67.
End of quote.
Who is this Al-Juwayni who wrote Fara’id al-Simtayn? He is a Shi’a scholar by the name Ibrahim b Muhammad b Himaway al Juwayni who died in 1322 AD!!
The author deliberately tried to confuse you with another al-Juwayni who is Sadruddin Ibrahim bin Muhammad bin al-Hamawayh al-Juwayni al-Shafi’i who was really a great scholar of Hadith!!!
There are still many manipulations and misquotes in that Shi’a website but the four proofs I’ve given here are enough to reveal how Shi’a followers and their leaders keep on trying to deceive the people. I would advice you to be very careful with Shi’a.
May we always be guided by Allah, especially in this beautiful month of Ramadhan.