I’ve prepared a draft on the general motivations of doing WSN in Malaysia during my doctoral study. As the writing has no place in my thesis, I thought I would share it here. Perhaps it might help someone out there.
- Early detection system – natural disaster especially flood
- Green products – reduced carbon footprint and utilizes renewable energy
- Congestion monitoring – transports and platforms
- Structural health monitoring
- Internet of Things
- Automation (efficiency) – reduce reliance on unskilled workers
- National Centre of Excellence in Sensor Technology (NEST), UPM under Ministry of Information, Communication and Culture Malaysia (MOICC) developed and runs project on WSN focusing on precision agriculture, slope monitoring, logistics and transport.
- Universiti Putra Malaysia:Research on agricultural, aquaculture, medical applications and protocol/algorithm for WSN.
- Multimedia University Malaysia:Agricultural, environmental & other applications using WSN.
- Wireless People Sdn Bhd:Structural, meter-reading, industrial automation and precision agricultural WSN application.
- Universiti Sains Malaysia, Auto-ID Lab:Energy harvesting, RFID, software-defined radio, industrial usage
- MIMOS Berhad:Agricultural monitoring usage